Dodge City is a pure definition of the West, one of the most historic western cities in the nation -- a gateway to history that began with the opening of the Sana Fe Trail by William Becknell in 1821. The name Dodge City is synonymous with some of the most notorious lawmen in western history, and by 1872, Dodge City was home to Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the Masterson brothers. Each year, more than 100,000 visitors relive the west by visiting the Boot Hill Museum, the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame and historic downtown
Dodge City is a progressive community of approximately 28,000. In 1997, a ‘Why Not Dodge’ sales tax initiative resulted in the construction of the Raceway Park, Legends Park baseball/softball complex, Soccer Complex, and United Wireless Arena/Magouirk Conference Center. Other area attractions include the Western State Bank Expo Center for agricultural related events and the Depot Theater Company for the performing arts. Dodge City is now recognized as the entertainment capital of southwest Kansas.
Dodge City has so much to choose from – from our famous sunsets to our historical past and progressive future. So what are you waiting for…Get the Heck into Dodge!
Cargill in Dodge City
Cargill is one of the largest employers in Dodge City. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work. Cargill employees contribute their time and financial resources to the community through programs such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, United Way, the Riverbank Cleanup and Relay for Life.
Join our team
- Beef processing (harvesting cattle)
- Fabrication (deboning, cutting, and trimming meat, packaging, shipping)
How to apply
For specific openings, please contact the Cargill Hiring Center in the basement of Village Square Mall, 2601 Central Ave, or by calling 620-227-5007. Please also visit www.cargill.com/careers for salaried openings.
Bring your completed application to the Cargil Hiring Center in the basement of Village Square Mall, 2601 Central Ave or you can e-mail your application to Hiring_DodgeCity@cargill.com.
Benefits (commencing upon 6th full month of employment):
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (including Prescription Drug coverage)
- Short term disability and life insurance
- Plus, paid vacation and holidays and a variety of health and wellness incentives
- Production: all departments/all shifts - Starting Wage: $14.00/hour; increasing upon qualification up to $17.25/hour
- Maintenance - Starting Wage: $14.00/hr; increasing upon qualification up to $20.50/hr
- Additional shift differential of $.15/hour (6:00pm-6:00am)
- Located approximately 2 miles out of town
- Employs over 2,700 employees – Cargill’s largest Beef plant
- 23 different nationalities represented in our workforce
- Processes over 5800 head of cattle each day
Cargill is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.