Established in 1968, Cargill's Friona facility resides in a leading U.S. agriculture production area. The Cargill Friona beef processing facility is surrounded by many small communities, with its nearest neighboring communities of Friona and Bovina totaling 5,680 residents combined.
Cargill and Friona
The Cargill Friona facility employs almost 2,000 employees, processing an average of 4,500 head of cattle per day, and producing more than 3 million pounds of beef per day. Cargill Friona operates three shifts, with the first and second shifts in production and a third shift for maintenance and sanitation.
Employees donate time and services to a variety of organizations such as: Chamber of Commerce, City Council, volunteer firefighters, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, United Way, Coats-for-Kids coat drive, and school programs and sponsorships.
Join our team
We are currently hiring for a range of production, maintenance, and supervisory positions at our Friona location.
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic: Rotating shifts
(Able to complete work orders as assigned, job plan, promote reliability and communication.)
- Fabrication workers: 1st and 2nd shift – use knife in cool environment
- Harvest workers: 1st shift – use knife in warm environment
- Supervisory roles: Production Supervisors (please refer to Cargill.com/careers for further information)
How to apply
Applicants may pick up and return their employment applications the plant, 1530 West Highway 60 in Friona, Texas; or at the Workforce Offices in Muleshoe and Hereford, Texas or Clovis, NM.
Applications also can be downloaded from our website and mailed to Cargill, P.O. Box 579, Friona, Texas, 79009, Attn: Hiring Manager. For information call 806-295-3201.
- Paid vacation, birthdays and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee discounts and services, including discounted meat sales and health fairs
- 401K retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bus transportation from Amarillo, Plainview, Dimmitt, Hereford and Muleshoe
- Referral bonuses and advancement opportunities
- Production wages range from $14-$17
- Maintenance mechanic wages range from $14-$20
- Friona Chamber of Commerce: www.frionachamber.com
- Bovina Chamber of Commerce: www.bovinachamber.net
- Parmer County: www.parmercounty.org
- Friona Online: www.frionaonline.com
- City of Bovina: www.cityofbovina.net
- Friona Independent School District: www.frionaisd.com
- Bovina Independent School District: www.bovinaisd.fesdev.org
Cargill is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.