Cargill is the largest employer in Wapello County with more than 2,400 team members representing 34 countries. We are proud to employ over 130 veterans. Our team members are the largest contributor to the United Way of Wapello County, donating $180,000 annually to the 15 partner agencies of the United Way.
Cargill and Ottumwa
Cargill employees participate in programs to enrich the community including: Special Olympics Youth Bowling, Salvation Army bell ringing and Angel Tree initiatives, Ottumwa Substance Abuse Task Force drug free youth activities, Ottumwa Oktoberfest and The Food Bank of Southern Iowa. The Mississippi Regional Valley Blood Center depends on Cargill Ottumwa team members for six blood drives annually.
The Cargill Ottumwa Grilling Team cooks up over 1,700 pounds of donated product annually with all funds raised from the grilling supporting local athletics. Cargill Ottumwa is proud to recycle pop cans throughout the year, using the redemption funds to provide Christmas gifts to children in the IDHS foster care program.
For more than 25 years, Cargill has been a proud community partner for the City of Ottumwa and Southeastern Iowa.
Benefits (commencing upon 6th full month of employment):
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (including Prescription Drug coverage)
- Short term disability and life insurance
- Plus, paid vacation and holidays and a variety of health and wellness incentives
- Production wages start from $14.06
- Maintenance wages start from $15.10
- Hourly Management start from $16
- Cargill Pork in Ottumwa, Iowa Fact Sheet - English (PDF)
- Cargill Pork in Ottumwa, Iowa Fact Sheet - Spanish (PDF)
Cargill is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.