- Thrive Stories
- 2021 Annual Report
- Corporate Giving
- Cargill Volunteers
- Partnership Examples
- We are no longer subsistence producers
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Research & Development
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Workplace Safety
Employees and retirees provide time and expertise
We encourage our employees to volunteer their time and expertise to benefit their communities.
Working collectively and individually, we have an impact by taking action. We strengthen schools, mentor and tutor youth, educate farmers, clean up shorelines, promote health and support economic development. Employees and retirees volunteer on an individual basis, with their co-workers in team activities, and through Cargill Cares Councils. We seek to reduce hunger in our communities, improve nutrition, strengthen education opportunities and protect our global natural resources.
Cargill Cares Councils
Employees and retirees from more than 350 Cargill Cares Councils implement strategic community involvement activities in their local communities.
While councils vary in structure, size and leadership, they all share the common goal of ensuring that Cargill is investing its financial and human resources to help meet our business objectives while serving local communities. The Cargill Cares Councils seek to recognize issues important to our communities; build effective relationships with community leaders; and work to help improve living standards and promote vibrant, stable communities.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of a Cargill Cares Council:
- Identifying community needs and aligning them with Cargill capabilities
- Planning and promoting individual and group volunteer opportunities
- Developing partnerships with local nonprofit and civic organizations
- Identifying opportunities for employees to engage in civic activities
- Evaluating the impact of Cargill’s efforts in the community