Dairy In the Spotlight
At our Baupte facility in France, we employ a team of 10 people dedicated to dairy and frozen applications. We have pilot plants in place for all subcategories in dairy that require hydrocolloids, starches, sweeteners and/or proteins. This means that our teams cover seven sub application areas in their research:
- Milk: condensed, flavored, acid dairy drinks, kefir.
- Cheese: processed, non-processed, imitation, quark.
- Cream: sour, “crème fraiche”, whipped, culinary.
- Desserts: mousses, custards, flans.
- Yogurt: drinking, set, stirred.
- Frozen Desserts: Ice creams, sorbets, lollies, soft serve.
- Dairy Powder Mixes: Flans, custard, mousse, ice creams.
At Cargill, we truly understand dairy formulations and ingredients interactions. This is why our Baupte dairy team is capable of producing finished product prototypes. We offer knowhow to control and characterize (rheology, melt down, panel tasting) and design specific ranges of solutions per sub-application. Around 30% of their time is focused on broader R&D, with the bulk of the time dedicated to customer projects and support.
Time to get INFUSED
On-trend manufacturers must dare to be different to stand out on a crowded dairy shelf. In order to get there you will need great ingredients, technical knowhow & support. At the same time, incorporating ingredient blends that deliver the on trend functionalities you need to succeed will take your dairy or indeed non-dairy application to a whole new level.