Lecithins in Bakery
As consumer preferences have shifted toward simpler labels and more familiar sources, food and beverage manufacturers are facing challenges every day to reformulate for a label-friendlier product.
Baking bread requires only a handful of ingredients, not all of them label-friendly.
The Cargill range of lecithins helps bread manufacturers deliver the recognizable ingredient label that consumers want, without compromising on functionality.
Our range of lecithin solutions for bakery products offers fully functional solutions for emulsification, dough handling, volume and freshness improvement in bread.
A broad range of high quality lecithins with a reliable source of supply, offering full flexibility of choice when formulating for a cleaner label, without compromising on functionality.
- Increasing volume yield
- Keeps bread fresher for longer
- Great eating experience
Our portfolio consists of solutions from different botanical sources, and all have been proven to offer similar to better performance versus other commonly used emulsifiers without compromising on taste, texture and appearance. Using lecithin results in more aerated bread, lower initial hardness of the crumb and reduced staling over time.
|Leciprime® 1000 IP*||Soy||NGM||Fluid|
|Leciprime® Organic IP||Soy||Organic & NGM||Fluid|
|Lecimulthin® 100 IP*||Soy||NGM||De-oiled|
|Lecimulthin® SF||Sunflower||Allergen-free & NGM||De-oiled|
|Lecimulthin® RS**||Rapeseed||Allergen-free & NGM||De-oiled|
Formats, why use...
Many baked goods are manufactured in molds, forming plates or baking forms to obtain the desired shape and structure. Intermediate transport of industrially baked or cooked products is often carried out on conveyer belts.
Especially products with high sugar content tend to stick to the surfaces of such forms or transport media. If the surface is hot this effect may still create more of a problem. To facilitate release of products from a surface, special release agents are used.
This is needed as oils alone used as release agents may leave an unpleasant, relatively thick coating on the outside of products.
Why Choose Cargill Lecithin?
Unmatched portfolio breadth of lecithin-based solutions
- Unmatched raw material sourcing capabilities ensuring quality and sustainable supplies across various botanical sources
Unmatched portfolio breadth across core bakery ingredients
- A wide offer covering sweetness solutions, texturizers, oils, cocoa & chocolate, wheat gluten, proteins, etc.
Leveraging Cargill’s Expertise & Global Scale
- World class application and R&D knowledge transforming customer needs in product solutions
- Global presence and awareness of regulatory needs/changes
- Expanding customer relationships and contacts points with identified business cases, and a thorough understanding of various customers’ needs, pains and gains