Join our Talent Community
Interested in working at Cargill but don’t see a job that matches your skills? Join our Talent Community and you could be contacted about future job openings and receive latest news from Cargill.
Middleware L3 Operations LeadApply Now
Middleware L3 Operations Lead
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary * This role is responsible for global support and maintenance of middleware platform and applications. * This position will support a globally spread 24x7 team operating out of Bangalore and working in tandem with the Cost Rica teams, working on incident resolution and pro-active monitoring. * The Operations lead is responsible for ensuring high availability of the middleware platform and applications spanning across multiple technologies through leading proactive maintenance and problem management.
* Manage L3 and PBI middleware support delivery across multiple service delivery locations. * Ensure SLA / OLA adherence to the highest levels and achieve operational excellence as per ITIL standards and framework. * L3 Incident & Service Request Management, problem management, identify & escalate reoccurring problems and drive the resolution action. * Work with the business partners to compile and prioritize enhancements and problem resolutions to applications and successfully implement changes. * Strive to bring down the cost of operations through a continuous improvement initiative. * Team performance management for the L3 Operations Team under his/her span of control. * Stakeholder management and reporting through operational dashboard. * Provides inputs into the strategy and operational planning of system/application technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards. * Provides technical leadership to the operational team members for critical problems and major incidents. * Plan system outages and ensure proper SOPs are executed to minimize impact to business. * Plan applications/infrastructure releases and configuration changes. * Review and oversee deployment activities – implementation and roll-back plan. * Review tickets backlog and ensure zero or near-zero compliance * Proactively assess and mitigate risks associated with production changes on platforms and application. * Plan and lead process improvement initiatives to drive the team towards delivery excellence. * Identify areas of service improvement and present to senior management. * Work with service providers to define responsibilities, review SOWs and govern outsourced work. 80%
* Assist in supervising the L3 team members. * Monitor the utilization of L3 operational resources in the team. * Assist in performance management of the L3 Operations Team . * Ensure appropriate billing and timesheet accountability is maintained. Also ensure timely approvals of all expenses are logged. * Ensure adherence to all defined processes and following of all defined metrics to measure performance 15%
Education, Experience, Skills
Required Qualifications * B.Tech/ M.Tech in Computer Science * 12 years of relevant experience in IT industry majorly in the application integration area. * 7 years of experience Application Maintenance and Support area. * Should have led large support teams implementing ITIL processes and Application Management Services (AMS). * Technical knowledge on integration technologies (TIBCO, API, Dell Boomi, etc)and well versed with problem management in middleware space. * Well versed with ticketing tools like Remedy, Service Now, etc. * Deep knowledge into the integration solutions and standards. * Extensive experience in working with 3rd-party resources and Vendor resource management * Demonstrate strong people leadership to motivate and drive team towards Operational excellence
* Experience in managing L3 Queue management and Problem management. * Deep knowledge on Agile methodology.
Other relevant information to the position
* This position is a technical position which is responsible for performing application maintenance. Career growth in this position will come from broader application of experiences and organizational competencies. * This role will be consistently exposed to change leadership, competency development and leadership opportunities to drive change. * This position immerses an individual into ITIL processes and tools used throughout Cargill IT creating a base opening the door for career development into additional IT operational support roles or into application deployment and possible application development roles.
* Keen Sense of Priorities, * Currious – Passion to learn more than taught, * Adaptable, * nimble, * relentless Determination, * Optimistic, * resilient, * Strong personal accountability
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
U.S. Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Read about Federal equal employment opportunity laws (PDF) and the supplement (PDF).
Pay Transparency (PDF)
Canada Employment Resources: Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
How to request a reasonable accommodation