Join our Talent Community
Interested in working at Cargill but don’t see a job that matches your skills? Join our Talent Community and you could be contacted about future job openings and receive latest news from Cargill.
CAPEX Execution LeadApply Now
CAPEX Execution Lead
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (CSSP) is a global organization with regional category teams in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific that, along with a strong core team and procurement alignment, is implementing new sourcing strategies to support Cargill businesses and functions. Strategic Sourcing & Procurement employees gain broad exposure to Cargill businesses as they drive tangible value for the organization. Regional category teams are organized around 5 category areas that drive spend activity for chemicals, ingredients, packaging, plant materials and services, and corporate materials and services. Regional category teams develop and drive category strategies to leverage Cargill's global and regional position in the market, drive stronger connectivity, accountability and relationships with Cargill businesses, and clearly understand the business requirements of the businesses they support. The primary function of this position is to manage designated business Build Capital spend portfolio and lead Critical Capital sourcing and procurement Execution to timely and cost-effectively procure capital materials and services and requisite contracts and agreements to support Cargill’s project/production activities.These activities include but are not limited to managing spend portfolio, delivering good quality of procurement deliverables in accordance with Build Capex Procurement Management Guideline and Process in the capital project life cycle to deliver value, implementing category strategy in the execution, defining procurement strategy and leading critical package RFQ process,leading and coaching package buyer and driving compliance. This position will also coordinate activities with Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Logistics, Plant Management, Operations and Maintenance, Accounting, and Law personnel to meet supply and demand goals.
Manage Build Capital Spend Portfolio
* Be the partner with business stakeholder to align on Build Capital spend portfolio management strategy * Accountable for meeting execution and value targets for assigned Businesses. * Make sure relevant resources are engaged in Capex procurement process in delivering value with alignment of business priorities * Ensure visibility and engagement on Business capital project plans and manage the insight tracker * Analyze spend to prioritize category focus and leverage sourcing and procurement opportunity * Define and develop Capex procurement execution plan including but not limited to procurement process, resource deployment, procurement strategy, target alignment, best practices. * Lead and/or assist in the development and implementation of category strategies * Engage package buyer in execute procurement activities * Identify gaps and support to resolve/escalate 20%
Lead Non base and Critical Capital Project Execution
* Lead to execute capital project procurement as designated project procurement lead from Capital project Explore phase to Implementation phase with thorough understanding of BU / Project priorities and requirements. * Responsible for execution of Capex Procurement Process, Procurement Deliverables in Build Capital Projects * Define and align with Global Subcategory lead(Procurement SME) and Business leaders on procurement plan * Lead the promotion and application of existing sourcing strategies Best Practices on appropriate Capital projects * Define and deployment internal and external category sourcing, procurement, logistic resource and align on CSSP RASCI in the project * Facilitate the development and determination of Contracting Strategy utilizing toolkit * Identify required contract templates and engage Cargill law for the upcoming project contract needs and resources * Collaborate with finance to identify and manage financial risks * Define Lease vs. Own plan and collaborate with financial organization(s) to arrange financing as need * Define package list and bid package together with BPM and other related project resources. * Identify Select Suppliers, Best Cost Country (BCC) Suppliers, intra-company transfers of equipment &/or used equipment opportunities, diverse suppliers (US Only) into Procurement Plan. * Develop competitive bidding process for bid package and make sure the bidding process is executed. * Use CSSP MIDAS team in alignment with the category lead to build negotiation strategies and create competitive advantage. * Lead critical package PRTP process in close alignment with Category leads * Make sure supplier invited to the bidding process are qualified timely * Identify long-lead time and critical items to procure timely. Participate in developing expediting plan. Make sure desk expediting is performed as per plan. * Identify key items needing TCO modeling. Make sure TCO models are populated to evaluate alternative options involving COE's, Technology Teams, Category Lead * Provide CSSP inputs into the development of project Objectives & the prioritization of the Cost/Schedule/Capability Objectives. * Support the identification of equipment requiring inspection and associated inspection costs. Ensure to include inspection requirements and acceptance criteria in bid package and contract * Support to establish spare parts procurement strategy in alignment with Engineering and Reliability and execute according to project spare parts plan * Determine logistics strategy and make sure plan is well executed for project equipment & materials. * Participate in establishing PO processing procedures including roles & responsibilities. Make sure PO processing is executed according to the established process when funding is authorized. * Manage designated supplier relationships including escalation of performance issues. * Ensure Support to participate in Value Improving Practices (VIPs) and the execution of the selected VIPs, high level Project WBS & WBS dictionary, cost & schedule estimates, Technical Review, Project Team Alignment Workshop, the discussion of the project location alternative analysis regarding potential contracting strategy for each alternative. Support material management 60% - 70%
Lead Capex Initiatives
* Lead/Champion designated Capex initiative projects on process, system and tools improvement and deliver result meeting expectation supporting Capex Execution Excellence 10% - 20%
* Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering * Minimum of 5 year of Capital Sourcing experience * Good knowledge of capital goods and services * Solid knowledge in safety and food safety * Sound analytical and problem solving skills. * High motivation and drive to deliver results * Demonstrated ability to establish common processes * Competitive bidding experience and contracting knowledge * Strong interpersonal skills & ability to engage, communicate & influence project stakeholder * Establish trust & credibility with other functional and senior stakeholders * Strong project management experience and skills * Strong change management results * Demonstrated ability to work with suppliers and drive mutually beneficial solutions * IT skills (basic MS packages) * Understanding of main legal concepts included in purchase contracts for capital goods & services * Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
* Project Engineering Experience. * IT skills (intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Excel) * Experience of using TCO analysis based sourcing decisions * Knowledge of the business environment Cargill is operating in and requirements
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
U.S. Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Read about Federal equal employment opportunity laws (PDF) and the supplement (PDF).
Pay Transparency (PDF)
Cargill is an E-Verify Employer, see here for E-Verify participation information.
Canada Employment Resources: Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Protect yourself against recruitment fraud. We are aware that unauthorized individuals may have posed as Cargill recruiters, made contact about job opportunities, and extended job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. To ensure a job posting is legitimate, it must be listed on the Cargill Careers website. Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud