Join our Talent Community
Interested in working at Cargill but don’t see a job that matches your skills? Join our Talent Community and you could be contacted about future job openings and receive latest news from Cargill.
Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate 2020Apply Now
Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate 2020
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
FSQR Associate Position:
The purpose of this position is to develop and train individuals that have recently graduated from college to prepare them to take on roles of increased complexity across the Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) job family at various locations across Cargill. As part of the FSQR Associate Program, Associates will go through an extensive on the job training program that enables them to become familiar with the workflow of the business operations, and to develop knowledge of processing production, including good manufacturing practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), food safety, quality, process control and regulatory compliance. Individuals will be assigned key projects and will be responsible for overseeing and managing several food safety and quality programs at the plant. As an FSQR Associate, you will gain an understanding of processing production with primary emphasis on monitoring the processing activities of the various departments within the facility. Associates will be trained in a number of areas to learn skills and gain knowledge necessary to succeed in a Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory leadership role. By starting your career as a FSQR Associate, you will be exposed to all facets of business operations through an in-depth general orientation. This is designed to teach the various aspects of the business prior to placement in a role that aligns the candidate with business needs.
* Partner directly with supervisor and leadership to effectively complete tasks, track progress, and monitor development. * Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems, including raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing, and oversight of analytical testing performed in operations control rooms. * Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data, final product and wastewater. * Identify and resolve product quality problems and work with team members from various departments to ensure quality, food safety, and microbiological requirements are met. Complete specific FSQR projects designated by the FSQR leadership team. Write FSQR/Micro procedures as needed. Complete facility and Processing Area FSQR Assessments, Sanitation Assessments, Support and coordinate corrective action teams, as needed. Participate in a committee and engagement activities. * Provide back-up assistance for FSQR Professionals and Supervisor, Food Safety Specialist, or Microbiology Supervisor. Complete pre-shipment review and product clearances as needed. Effectively communicate FSQR and Micro results, including timely reporting of all quality assurance activities. * Maintain all manufacturing, safety, FSQR, Pre-requisite Programs (PRPs), and HACCP policies in production of products. Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent information to assure that processes and products are food safe. * Coordinate and monitor FSQR audits/reviews of operational systems to include the following: FSQR/Microbiology Technician, as needed, duties to include operation/calibration of equipment, aseptic technique when sampling and completing microbiological testing, information management (SPC, Computer Data Entry into spreadsheets/databases). Candidates will cross train in both FSQR and Micro functions. Must know technician duties well enough to assist in training needs and plant training programs for new FSQR /Micro employees to assure that employees performing tasks are capable and the requirements are being met. * Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (ie. Process improvement projects, development and modification of QA procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process start-ups and projects.
Associate Program Benefits:
* Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage). * Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives. * Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field. * Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance. * As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
* Cargill FSQR labs are located in an industrial/processing plant environment. Our plants are fast paced and challenging. * This job involves physical activity which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis – involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing over 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. Could include walking on grating at elevated levels. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e. heat, cold, working in wet environment).
FSQR Associate Options:
* Beef harvesting/processing * Turkey harvesting/processing * Further Processed Meat, Eggs and Ground Beef * Starches, Sweeteners & Edible Oils/processing * Bio-industrial and fermentation processing
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees. Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include: * Asian Alliance Network * Cargill Young Professionals Network * Cargill Ability Network (iCAN) * Cargill Ebony Council * Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW) * Hispanic-Latino Council * Cargill Pride Network * Veterans & Military Support Network * Cargill Women’s Network
* Various locations
* Pursuing or have earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical science program (i.e. Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related technical science degree with the exception of the social sciences) * Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays * Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer * Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures * Willing and able to relocate * Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually * Strong communication skills – written and oral
* Overall 3.0 GPA preferred * Bilingual (Spanish/English) Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
US-ND-Wahpeton, US-MN-Alberta, US-TX-Waco, US-PA-Wyalusing, US-MN-Big Lake, US-CA-Fresno, US-GA-Newnan, US-NE-Nebraska City, US-IN-Hammond, US-TX-Friona, US-IA-Mason City, US-MI-Lake Odessa, US-SC-Columbia, US-IA-Cedar Rapids, US-TX-Fort Worth, US-AR-Springdale, US-IL-Paris, US-MO-Marshall, US-PA-Hazleton, US-VA-Dayton, US-MN-Monticello, US-VA-Timberville, US-MO-California, US-NE-Blair
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
U.S. Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Read about Federal equal employment opportunity laws (PDF) and the supplement (PDF).
Pay Transparency (PDF)
Cargill is an E-Verify Employer, see here for E-Verify participation information.
Canada Employment Resources: Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Protect yourself against recruitment fraud. We are aware that unauthorized individuals may have posed as Cargill recruiters, made contact about job opportunities, and extended job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. To ensure a job posting is legitimate, it must be listed on the Cargill Careers website. Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud