Frequently Asked Questions about Invoicing
What is the correct Attention Line format?
Click here to learn the details of Attention Line formatting for the ERP system Cargill is using to manage your invoices.
Example SAP attention line: 1###-A### (4 numbers, followed by a hyphen, then a letter, followed by 3 numbers)
Example JDE attention line: 1####-######## (5 numbers, followed by a hyphen, followed by 8 numbers)
Contact your Cargill buyer if you don't know what to put in the attention line.
What information should I include on the invoice?
Click the link below to display the information that is required on all invoices to ensure timely payment processing and avoidance of manual review.
NOTE: For suppliers who have been upgraded to SAP, it is especially critical that the values you submit on your invoice match the corresponding values on your PO.
What are the invoice submission and format requirements that I need to follow?
Where should I submit the invoice?
Unless you have been instructed otherwise, submit your invoices via email to [email protected] for processing.
NOTE: This email address should be used ONLY for submission of invoices. Any other documents or statements submitted to this email will be deleted. Visit our Contact page for additional ways to reach us. Cargill does not accept any invoices submitted via fax.
Do not submit invoices to [email protected] in the following cases:
- If the transaction is Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) or two-document match. Click here to learn more about ERS transactions.
- If the instructions on your PO specify alternate invoice submission locations
- If your contact at Cargill gave you alternate instructions
- If the transaction is in Ariba Network (AN):
AN transactions must be completed in AN (including invoicing when applicable) for transactions to be paid by Cargill. Click here to learn more about entering AN transactions.
- If CAN (Cargill Animal Nutrition) transaction:
Please confirm invoice submission requirements for CAN with your business contact.
What should I do if I have sent an invoice and payment appears to be delayed?
Invoices may be disputed for any of a number of reasons and will always be sent back to the supplier email address along with the reasons the invoice is being disputed. Below are a few examples. Please contact Supplier relations via email if one of these situations applies to your invoice:
- No Purchase Order number quoted on the invoice (Contact your Cargill Buyer)
- Purchase Order number quoted is now completely utilized
- Purchase Order number does not match Cargill’s issued order
- Purchase Order number does not match the description/dates on the invoice
- Multiple Purchase Order numbers are quoted on one invoice. Please send individual invoices for each Purchase Order number
- Unit of measurement and unit price on Invoice not matching with Purchase order
- No Attention Line or incorrect Attention line mentioned on Non PO invoice
- Delay in Cargill receiving Goods or Services
- Multiple invoices in one PDF document. Please send one invoice per PDF file
- No invoice number quoted
What do I do if I can’t meet all the requirements for invoice submission?
Please see the Supplier Queries page for instructions.
|When to contact||Who to Contact|
||Your Cargill Buyer|