Where to Submit an Invoice
Cargill does not accept any invoices submitted via fax. Unless you have been instructed otherwise, most invoices must be submitted via email to [email protected] for processing. This email address should be used ONLY for submission of invoices. Any other documents or statements submitted to this email will be deleted. If you are uncertain about if or where you should be submitting an invoice to Cargill, please verify instructions with your Cargill contact. The information on Supplier Central is meant as general guidance, and you should follow any specific instructions you receive. See the contact list at the bottom of this page for additional ways to reach us.
Do not submit invoices to [email protected] in the following cases:
- If the transaction is ERS or two-document match (See the Evaluated Receipt Settlement section of the Purchase Orders page for more information.)
- If the instructions on your PO state alternate invoice submission locations
- If the transaction is in Ariba Network. AN Transactions must be completed in AN (including invoicing when applicable) for transactions to be paid by Cargill.
- CAN (Cargill Animal Nutrition) BU invoices should not all be submitted to [email protected]; please confirm invoice submission requirements for Cargill Animal Nutrition with your contact in that business
TIP: Do not send duplicate copies of your invoices without specific instructions from your Cargill contact, as our control procedures may keep us from paying either one and result in a delayed payment.
Most frequent errors we see regarding supplier invoice submission
- No Attention Line
- No reference to or incorrect Cargill PO #
- Invoice submitted to incorrect location
TIP: If you are uncertain about how, if, or where you should be submitting an invoice to Cargill, please verify instructions from the PO or with your Cargill contact or buyer.
How payment systems (JDE and SAP) affect invoicing
JDE and SAP are the two systems that Cargill uses to generate payments to suppliers. Purchasing events managed by Cargill on SAP require that supplier invoices match the level of detail and values on the purchase order (PO) to avoid manual review. Manual review can result in a delay in payment.
You can tell if you’ve been upgraded to the SAP system if your PO number is a 10-digit number starting with 45, 47, or 41. (See a list of NA Businesses that use SAP.) Invoices submitted to Cargill for SAP PO’s must have attention lines that are 8 digits long (4 numeric digits and an alpha character with 3 more numeric digits. Example: 1001-A202).
Purchasing events managed by Cargill through the JDE system do not always require a PO, which means you as a supplier must make sure you understand all the transaction details including what Cargill business you are to bill to, including the attn line (5 numbers, followed by a hyphen, followed by 8 numbers), and where to submit your invoice (if required.)
See the Purchase Orders section for additional information about POs.
Invoice and Payment Key Contacts
|When to contact||Who to Contact|
||Your Cargill Buyer|