Join our Talent Community
Interested in working at Cargill but don’t see a job that matches your skills? Join our Talent Community and you could be contacted about future job openings and receive latest news from Cargill.
Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Intern 2020Apply Now
Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Intern 2020
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Internship: The FSQR function at Cargill will provide students with a career interest in the food industry and a scientific related academic background, the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a food business and manufacturing environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn and work with Cargill business units/function to provide solutions to customers. Through assigned projects, Interns will have the opportunity to positively impact a number of food safety, quality, and efficiency initiatives. Interns will experience a broad cross section of manufacturing including edible oil refining/packaging, protein, and starches/sweeteners. In addition, Interns will be gaining exposure to several FSQR programs such as: * Food Safety, HACCP and auditing processes * Laboratory & Instrumentation programs * Food manufacturing & Pre-requisite programs * Product inspection and disposition. * Supplier and external manufacturing * Substantial project work in related FSQR areas
* Final product approval; assurance of compliance to customer specifications. * Daily assessment of process quality parameters and quality assurance systems, including calibration, raw materials, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training and auditing. * Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data, final product and wastewater. * Operate and maintain lab, control room and in-process instrumentation. * Dispose of hazardous wastes (biological and chemical). * Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (i.e., Process improvement projects, development and modification of Food Safety and Quality procedures and documents, and assisting other locations with process start-ups and projects).
* Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage). * Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration. * Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern. * Attend in person intern events designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
* Cargill FSQR labs are located in an industrial/processing plant environment. Our plants are fast paced and challenging. * This job involves physical activity which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis – involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing over 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. Could include walking on grating at elevated levels. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e.- heat, cold, working in wet environment).
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees. Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include: * Asian Alliance Network * Cargill Young Professionals Network * Cargill Ability Network (iCAN) * Cargill Ebony Council * Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW) * Hispanic-Latino Council * Cargill Pride Network * Veterans & Military Support Network * Cargill Women’s Network
* Various U.S. Locations
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical science program (Chemistry, Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology or related science degree) graduating between December 2020 – May 2022 * Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer * Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures * All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S. * Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2020) * Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
* Overall GPA 3.0 preferred. * Strong leadership and technical skills. * Demonstrated ability of collaboration, communication, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work. * Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation) * Basic food safety knowledge with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), labeling, food additives, sanitation, and food microbiology * Experience in applying statistical and quality management tools: such as control charts, histograms, capability studies, etc. * Experience applying Continuous Improvement concepts * Bilingual (English/Spanish) Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
US-ND-Wahpeton, US-TX-Waco, US-OH-Sidney, US-NC-Charlotte, US-GA-Gainesville, US-IN-Hammond, US-IA-Eddyville, US-IA-Cedar Rapids, US-AR-Springdale, US-IL-Paris, US-CA-Fullerton, US-OH-Dayton, US-VA-Timberville, US-NY-Watkins Glen, US-NE-Blair
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
U.S. Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Read about Federal equal employment opportunity laws (PDF) and the supplement (PDF).
Pay Transparency (PDF)
Cargill is an E-Verify Employer, see here for E-Verify participation information.
Canada Employment Resources: Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
How to request a reasonable accommodation
Protect yourself against recruitment fraud. We are aware that unauthorized individuals may have posed as Cargill recruiters, made contact about job opportunities, and extended job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. To ensure a job posting is legitimate, it must be listed on the Cargill Careers website. Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud