- Thrive Stories
- 2021 Annual Report
- Corporate Giving
- Cargill Volunteers
- Partnership Examples
- We are no longer subsistence producers
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Research & Development
- Workplace Safety
General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary
Anna Richo joined Cargill in January 2019 as General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary, and oversees Global Government Relations, Global Security and Shareholder Relations. Additionally, Anna is a member of Cargill’s Executive Team and a member of the Board of Directors of the Cargill Foundation. With a law career spanning more than 30 years, Anna is used to wearing multiple hats. She has extensive experience in compliance and business ethics, intellectual property and corporate litigation.
Before joining Cargill, Anna was executive vice president and general counsel at UCB, a biopharmaceutical company based in Belgium, where she resided for many years. She also served as senior vice president and chief compliance officer at Amgen, a global biotechnology firm, and as chief litigation counsel, associate general counsel and vice president of law at Baxter Healthcare. Her broad international experience extends throughout Europe, Latin America and Asia and has served to strengthen her commitment to championing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
A native New Yorker, Anna holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial and labor relations from Cornell University and a J.D. degree from DePaul University, College of Law.
Anna is a member of the Board of Trustees for DePaul University and is a member of the Board of Directors of Adamas Pharmaceuticals. Anna formerly served as a member of the Board of Directors of Cytyc Corporation, a medical diagnostics company, from 1998 – 2003, subsequently acquired by Hologic Inc. She was a member of the Audit and Finance Committees. Additionally, Anna served on the Board of Directors for the California Manufacturers & Technology Association, a statewide nonprofit association, from 2000 – 2003. She was Vice-Chairman of the Board.
Anna is passionate about mentoring others in all types of careers and from all walks of life. In her free time, you can find her at the stables supporting her husband’s equestrian riding and relishing the serenity that horses emanate. She and her husband have two adult children and reside in Minnesota.