- Cargill Expands Bio-Based Presence Around the Globe
- Connect with us at the Greener Manufacturing Show
- Product Finder
Agri-pure™ Industrial Vegetable Waxes
Blending flexibility to optimize performance properties
Regional Availability: North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa
Agri-pure™ vegetable waxes for general purpose industrial use as well as waxes developed for specific applications. These vegetable waxes blend well with mineral and other wax types and can be emulsified for coating and lubricating applications. Melting points range from about 30°C up to 65°C, and can be adjusted with careful blending and chemical modification to the glyceride structure. Stability to oxidation is increased by hydrogenation of the base vegetable oil or fat, and antioxidants can enhance this further if needed.
Vegetable waxes may be blended with other wax types to optimize properties such as melting point, flexibility, viscosity and hardness. We can assist customers with the selection of suitable vegetable waxes according to their specific requirements.
Applications of Agri-pure™ waxes
- Consumer: crayons, polishes
- Industrial: hot-melt adhesives, coatings (for paper, textile, wood and board), lubricants, rubber compounds, processing aids e.g. defoamers, mold-release agents and corrosion inhibitors
Lubricants: Waxes are used as processing aids in the production of extruded and compounded plastics, elastomers and polymers. Harder grades,
such as the AP-660, function as rheology modifiers (gelling agents) for oil-based systems.
- Ignition products: Waxes are excellent binders and densifiers for wood-based ignition products such as extruded fuel pellets, firelogs, barbeque and fire lighters. The vegetable origin of our waxes contributes to the bio-based content of these products.
Agri-pure™ waxes product portfolio
|AgriPure™||MP||IV||Col Y||Col R||
* = Palm-free
MP: Typical melting point in °C. IV: Typical iodine value in gI/100g. Waxes with low IV have exceptional color stability for long shelf-life requirements. COL Y: Max color, yellow values in Lovibond 5 ¼ “ cell. COL R: Max color, red values in Lovibond 5 ¼ “ cell. NS: Not specified
The products and services described on this website may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all persons.