Cargill Palm 2020 Roadmap
Building a 100% transparent, traceable and sustainable palm oil supply chain by 2020
When we launched our Policy on Sustainable Palm Oil in 2014, we made the commitment to build a 100 percent transparent, traceable and sustainable palm supply chain by 2020. While we have been consistent and transparent in reporting our progress on our commitments related to addressing issues of deforestation, development on peat areas and exploitation of labor and communities, and inclusion of smallholders (NDPE), making a commitment to 2020 requires a clear roadmap and indicators to measure our progress.
Our Palm 2020 Roadmap is outlined according to the pillars that have been the cornerstones of our Policy on Sustainable Palm Oil, guiding its implementation. Our broad goals under each pillar have not changed – instead we are now able to take a long-term view on these goals taking into account tools and methodologies that have since been developed or strengthened. Under each pillar, we have established a roadmap, goals and key performance indicators (KPIs), to guide the fulfillment of respective commitments.
Not only does this chart our progress towards the 2020 commitments and prioritize the allocation of resources, it also allows us to confidently invite stakeholders to hold us accountable to our actions and partner with us to advance our shared interests. Moving forward, we will report progress against these goals and KPIs.
Our 2020 goals
- Traceability: All palm oil volumes we produce, trade (ship and physically handle) and process will be traceable to sustainable mills and plantations by 2020.
- Supplier engagement: HCS, HCV and peat areas are conserved and land, labor and human rights are respected in our third-party palm supply chain.
- Sustainable plantations: Cargill’s plantations with our NDE policy and are a role model for our supply chain.
- Smallholder programs: Smallholders are included in our supply chain and engaged in sustainable, profitable practices.
- Partnership and collaboration: Cooperation leads to shared responsibility and scalable solutions.