- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Join Us
SeaFurther™ Sustainability: Aquaculture
The way we manage our seas will determine our future. We believe that by making fish farming better, we can protect and strengthen that future for all.
As a leader in aquaculture feed, animal nutrition and agriculture, we create high-quality feed with a smaller impact on the planet. And now we’re stepping up to do more: working with our partners to build a better aqua nutrition business that will help the seafood industry reduce its global footprint, and help fish farmers lower their impact too.
Demand for seafood is rising. It’s essential we meet this need sustainably – by producing seafood in ways that protect our seas while feeding growing populations.
Together, we are charting a bold new course – making aquaculture better for our planet and ensuring sustainable seafood is available to all.
Introducing SeaFurther™ Sustainability – our exciting new worldwide initiative, designed to deliver real change across our seas.
How we’ll get there
We’re launching with the goal of helping salmon farmers reduce their environmental footprint by 30 percent by 2030. This will help the industry save 2 billion kilograms of CO2, the equivalent of removing more than 400,000 cars from the road in one year.
Innovation is key and will underpin everything we do. Plus, we’ve set a target of a 15 percent reduction in GHGs by 2026, to help keep us on track.
To ensure we focus our efforts on the areas where we can make the most difference in the seas and oceans of the world and work in the best and most sustainable way possible, everything we do is considered through the lens of these three key areas: