Cargill in Pakistan
We started doing business in Pakistan in 1984, and today our operations comprise the trading and handling of animal feed, agricultural commodities and industrial products. We have one office in Pakistan that is located in Karachi.
Our business scope
We are one of the largest importers of palm oil and palm oil products into Pakistan. We serve the local market with RBD* palm olien, RBD* palm oil as well as crude palm oil from Malaysia and Indonesia.
In line with Pakistan’s increasing cotton consumption requirement, we have become a very active participant in the cotton import flows into the country, particularly for cotton sourced from the Americas.
* Refined, Bleached Deodorized
- Animal feed: Through a network of local agents, we focus on serving Pakistan’s livestock industry with ingredients, mineral and vitamin premixes and additives that farmers and feed manufacturers use to make complete feeds. We also provide milk replacers used in rearing calves. Our products are available under the Provimi, Citura and LNB brands.
- Agricultural commodities: Through local agents, we not only export locally sourced wheat but also import raw and refined sugar for local food and beverage manufacturers and sugar refineries.
Grain and Oilseeds: Cargill started the oilseeds business in Pakistan in 2015. Within two years, Cargill successfully established a cash franchise for soybeans, selling soybean cost & freight (CFN) into Pakistan. We also trade oilseeds, soybean meal, rapeseed meal, soft oils and wheat in Pakistan.
In 2016, Cargill added a palm storage and handling facility at Port Qasim, Karachi. Palm is stored for local distribution at the terminal with a current storage capacity of 7500 M ton, that can be extended to 22,000 M tons.
Metals: Cargill's metals activities cover the ferrous sector. We provide physical and financial solutions for raw steel materials and semi-finished steel products, which includes:
- Hot Rolled Coil (HRC)/ Cold Rolled Coil (CRC) and other Flat products
- Steel billets, wide rod and rebar
- Iron Ore
We can offer market access and liquidity through our relationships with mines, mills and steel consumers. Our steel service centers in the United States mean we can link customers with nearby high-quality steel mills. We take on risk and manage counterparty performance.
To learn more about our capabilities, visit www.cargill-etm.com.
- Sugar: Depending on Pakistan’s sugar trade balance, we opportunistically participate in the sugar export opportunity out of Pakistan.
Learn more about how Cargill is working to have the most sustainable food supply chains in the world.
In the news
- Fauji Foundation and Cargill partner to strengthen agricultural supply chain in Pakistan (PDF)
- Cargill and Rizq join forces to combat food insecurity in Pakistan
Cargill Pakistan Holdings (Pvt) Ltd.
Cargill Pakistan Agri Foods (Pvt.) Limited
10th Floor, Al-Tijarah Centre
Plot #, 32-1-A, Block 6 P.E.C.H.S,