Cargill in Pakistan
We started doing business in Pakistan in 1984, and today our operations comprise the trading and handling of animal feed, agricultural commodities and industrial products. We have one office in Pakistan that is located in Karachi.
Our business scope
We are one of the largest importers of palm oil and palm oil products into Pakistan. We serve the local market with RBD* palm olien, RBD* palm oil as well as crude palm oil from Malaysia and Indonesia.
We are also among the largest exporters of raw cotton grown in the country. We procure raw cotton bales from local gins for export to regional markets including China, Thailand and Vietnam. Through appointed agents we also import quality cotton meeting customer specifications.
- Animal feed: Through a network of local agents, we focus on serving Pakistan’s livestock industry with ingredients, mineral and vitamin premixes and additives that farmers and feed manufacturers use to make complete feeds. We also provide milk replacers used in rearing calves. Our products are available under the Provimi, Citura and LNB brands.
- Agricultural commodities: Through local agents, we not only export locally sourced wheat but also import raw and refined sugar for local food and beverage manufacturers and sugar refineries.
- Energy: We purchase and deliver energy sources and related commodities including North American power and natural gas, refined and non-refined oil products and petrochemicals, in the right quantity and time our customers require. To learn more about our capabilities, visit www.cargill-etm.com.
Grain and Oilseeds: Cargill started the oilseeds business in Pakistan in 2015. Within two years, Cargill successfully established a cash franchise for soybeans, selling soybean cost & freight (CFN) into Pakistan. We also trade oilseeds, soybean meal, rapeseed meal, soft oils and wheat in Pakistan.
In 2016, Cargill added a palm storage and handling facility at Port Qasim, Karachi. Palm is stored for local distribution at the terminal with a current storage capacity of 7500 M ton, that can be extended to 22,000 M tons.
Metals: Cargill's metals activities cover the ferrous sector. We provide physical and financial solutions for raw steel materials and semi-finished steel products, which includes:
- Hot Rolled Coil (HRC)/ Cold Rolled Coil (CRC) and other Flat products
- Steel billets, wide rod and rebar
- Iron Ore
We can offer market access and liquidity through our relationships with mines, mills and steel consumers. Our steel service centers in the United States mean we can link customers with nearby high-quality steel mills. We take on risk and manage counterparty performance.
To learn more about our capabilities, visit www.cargill-etm.com.
- Sugar: We augment the supply of sugar into Pakistan depending on the surplus and deficit situation.
We strive to be a good corporate citizen of Pakistan. In 2009, our employees and businesses donated USD 100,000 to help refugees returning to Swat Valley rebuild their lives after they were displaced by a conflict. USD 25,000 went to the World Food Program to provide food aid to returning families, while Mercy Relief received USD 75,000 to establish a Maternity and Children Healthcare Center in Mingora that now provides general, pediatric and maternity care.
We are also supporting disaster relief efforts in Pakistan. For example, to help victims of the 2005 earthquake in Azad Kashmir, as well as the devastating floods of 2010, we donated close to USD 100,000 as well as food and supplies. On both occasions our employees in Pakistan also contributed a portion of their salaries to these causes.
* Refined, Bleached Deodorized
Cargill Pakistan Holdings (Pvt) Ltd.
Cargill Pakistan Agri Foods (Pvt.) Limited
10th Floor, Al-Tijarah Centre
Plot #, 32-1-A, Block 6 P.E.C.H.S,