Dalhart is a community of approximately 8,000 located in the NW Texas Panhandle, on the borders of Oklahoma and New Mexico. Dalhart is an agricultural community named for the two counties it is located in – Dallam and Hartley – and is often associated with the historic XIT Ranch. The XIT museum and annual XIT Rodeo are celebrations of Dalhart’s relation to the ranch. Learn more about Dalhart, Texas: http://www.dalhart.org/
Cargill and Dalhart
Cargill has three businesses in the Dalhart area, including Cargill Cattle Feeders, Cargill SweetBran and Cargill Live Pork. Our Cargill Live Pork location was acquired in early 2011 and we have plans to be at full capacity late in 2013 to early 2014. Once fully staffed, the Pork business will employ approximately 300 people and be the largest single employer in the Dalhart area. Cargill has a unified presence in the community with all three of our businesses working together on community events and contributions.
Join our team
We are currently hiring for a range of production, maintenance, and management positions at our Dalhart Pork location. Join the Cargill family and become a part of something bigger. Like family, like community. Like feeding the world. Here you will work hard and make a difference. We offer competitive wages, benefits and the chance to advance in a company that cares about you. We take pride in our strong work ethics, values and unyielding commitment to the safety of our employees and the animals in our care.
- Experience in welding, electrical, plumbing, general construction and/or maintenance is preferred, but not required.
- Work may be outdoors
- Safety Equipment, tools, and uniforms provided by company
- Experience working with live hogs preferred, but not required.
- Will work with live animals and have a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to: cleaning, feeding, vaccinating, etc.
- Uniforms provided by company
- Hiring for management positions in production areas
- Ability to manage people and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience in agriculture and/or live animal production systems or degree in related field require
- General Maint/LRM/Environmental. Starting at $13.45/hr. (with $0.50 increase at 90 days and 9 months)
- General labor. Starting at $12.35/hr. (with $.25 increase at 90 days)
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k (with company match up to a set percentage)
- Lead positions. For qualifying employees (if available) pay $2/hr above base wage