How to Apply Payments from Cargill
ARIBA NOTE: For information on Cargill ARIBA Network (AN) Transactions please refer to the Understanding Ariba section of Supplier Central for information on AN transactions.
Applying payments from Cargill
JDE and SAP are the two systems that Cargill uses to generate payments to suppliers. These systems can generate payment notifications also known as remittance notices that a payee can receive one day prior to the payment being sent (electronically or via check.)
Cargill recommends all suppliers receive and use the payment notifications (also called remittance details) to correctly apply payments received from Cargill.
There are situations where payment notifications will not be sent:
- No electronic remittances are sent for JDE check payments (SAP does send a notice for check payments).
- No remittances are sent for wire transfers for either SAP or JDE.
Reading payment notices from Cargill
You should use Cargill’s payment notices/remittance details to apply your payments in your accounting system and keep accurate records.
- View a sample SAP remittance to understand how to read it.
- View a sample JDE remittance to understand how to read it.
What to do if you are not receiving payment notices from Cargill
You can request to receive payment notices (remittance details) from Cargill. To do so, please provide the following information to:
- Company email addresses (limit 4) or fax address contacts to receive the electronic remittance detail.