- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Innovation that Sustains
Cargill’s global partnership with CARE goes back more than fifty years, and has focused on tackling long-term approaches to some of the world’s most pressing issues - low agricultural productivity, poor nutritional status, lack of access to formal markets and limited economic opportunities.
This year marks 10 years of collaboration with CARE on the Rural Development Initiative, which has spanned 10 countries in support of programs to improve food and nutrition security, increase farmer productivity and access to markets, and build more resilient and prosperous communities. While programs vary by country, the initiative provides training, skills-development, and market access for farmers; enhanced education and nutritional support for children; and access to social services like health care and safe drinking water, for communities.
Over the course of this decade, CARE and Cargill have directly reached more than 400,000 people and indirectly more than 1.75 million. In total, we’ve touched the lives of more than 2.2 million people across—Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, and Brazil.
CARE and Cargill’s partnership of more than fifty years is a testament to the values we share. Together, we believe that strong and sustainable food systems are possible, but only if we improve rural agricultural livelihoods and build more inclusive systems that provide access to the tools, knowledge and markets needed to achieve sustainable, long-lasting impact.