Our point of view
Building partnerships that have a positive impact on our communities
Customers and consumers want to know where their products come from, how workers in Cargill’s supply chains are treated, and what impact the production of our products has on the environment.
For more than a century, we have worked with businesses and community partners to foster sustainable economic development, and provide and promote responsible business practices in our supply chains.
If we are to continue to source our products, and supply them responsibly, strong relationships with farmers, customers and partners — based on honesty, trust and mutual respect — are essential.
We would like to share our point of view with you on the multiple responsible sourcing activities we have underway around the world.
Learn more about our point of view
- Agricultural biotechnology is a powerful tool for raising living standards in developing countries around the world, and we also recognize the importance of customers being able to make informed choices.
Cargill and palm oil production
- We are committed to responsible palm oil production in Indonesia and are working with partners from across the global supply chain on sustainable palm production.
Responsible soy production
- We are working with industry, local communities and non-governmental organizations to develop and instate responsible and sustainable soy production practices.
Sustainable and responsible cocoa sourcing
- To promote responsible and sustainable cocoa sourcing we are helping ensure children are not involved in abusive or dangerous work on cocoa farms, and supporting cocoa farmers to increase their incomes and enriching cocoa growing communities.
Sustainable cotton production
- We are improving cotton production working practices, helping farmers increase their incomes and supporting local communities.
Agriculture & Trade policy
- Cargill’s support for open markets and free trade underpins our purpose, which is to be the global leader in nourishing people. Since Cargill’s founding in 1865 with a single grain elevator in Iowa, we have been purchasing farmers’ crops, finding markets for their harvest, and nourishing people around the world.