Offsetting your emissions and meeting your compliance needs
Cargill will give you the power to make the world’s environment cleaner and achieve your sustainability objectives. Our progressive strategies ensure investment in projects that have a positive impact on local communities. We partner with companies aspiring to make a difference in the world by limiting their carbon footprint, offsetting their emissions and contributing to sustainable development.
We have already supplied and will supply future offsets to key industrial players and utilities in both Europe and Japan, including Cargill’s own European installations.
Cargill’s comprehensive portfolio of services makes it easy to manage both information and risk more effectively:
- Financial support to carbon reduction projects at all stages
- Carbon portfolio creation and risk management
- Trading of emission reductions in the international market
Our large diversified global presence and portfolio of quality carbon offsets allows us to offer our customers a wide range of solutions to offset their carbon emissions:
- Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) and Emission Reduction Units (ERUs) from CDM/JI projects
- Voluntary Emission Reductions (VERs) like VCS, VER+ and Gold Standard
- Customized package of VCS, VER+ and gold standard carbon offsets tailored specially to meet your requirements
Cargill serves all types of customers who want to lead the fight against climate change and contribute to sustainable development:
- Companies under mandatory caps
- Companies with voluntary offsetting targets
- Companies with social investment strategies