BiOH® polyols and polymers deliver optimal performance for polyurethane-based products, such as foams, adhesives and binders, while increasing renewable content.
As the leader in high performance, soy-based polyols and polymers, Cargill’s R&D team will work with you to meet the challenge of changing market needs by maximizing foam performance. Our recent innovations include load bearing foams, memory foam with more than 50% renewable content, and binder systems, such as carpet backing with 60% latex replacement. Best of all, the BiOH line is as versatile as it is innovative, enabling you to create solutions specific to your product performance needs.
Solving Problems, Enhancing Performance
- Our BiOH R&D Center allows us to work one-on-one with our customers to create real world solutions for their specific performance specifications.
- Time to market from concept to commercialization is increased because we are able to simulate a customer’s production environment for testing of new products at our 19,000-square-foot R&D facility.
- In addition to new product innovation, we work with customers to optimize existing products to achieve lower total cost in use, improve processing time or enhance performance characteristics.
Renewably Sourced, Excellent Performance
- BiOH products are made from 95-98% renewable materials.
- BiOH polyols can reduce petroleum content by 5-20% in flexible foams and up to 70% in memory foam.
- BiOH polyols dissipate heat 30% faster in some memory foams.
- BiOH polymers can replace up to 60% latex in binder systems such as carpet backing.