Proven Formulation and Management Tools for Beef Cattle
As a cattle producer, you rely on your feed and mineral programs to help your cattle thrive and produce the nutritious, wholesome beef consumers demand. Cargill can help.
We are a global leader in animal nutrition and metabolism, creating innovative animal nutrition solutions. We leverage information gleaned from our research facilities around the world, partnerships with leading universities, and our expert consultants working with beef producers like you.
Cargill’s MAX® system is one example of how we bring animal nutrition and business management together to help increase your profits. The MAX® system works by building a virtual model of your operation, putting animal requirements and nutrient supply in your context. With Cargill’s MAX® system, you get a diet formulation specially tailored to your operation that continually adjusts and adapts to factors such as intake and environment. Among the key benefits of the MAX® system:
- Links to analysis results, ingredient information and the latest research
- Projected ingredient use
- Tracking of feed inventories
- Custom reports summarizing feed economics by diet or operation
- Prediction of animal performance
- Cost-effective nutrient sources for maximum results
Formulating for cow/calf herds
- Reproductive health: Reproduction performance is the foundation of a cow/calf operation. With Cargill, you get tools to help you identify and address important issues that affect reproductive performance. Our consultants will design a program with you that optimizes reproductive performance tailored to the conditions in your operation.
- Forage management and supplementation: It is essential to manage this fundamental resource to provide maximum, long-term nutrient benefits. Cargill consultants work with you to develop grazing management recommendations and improvements that help lead to increased productivity and profitability. Along with a custom grazing plan, we offer strategic, economically sound supplementation programs to help maintain productivity and profitability.
- Metabolic and digestive disorders: Metabolic health problems have a long-lasting impact on animal growth and reproductive performance. Along with nutrition and feeding program recommendations customized to your operation, Cargill consultants can help design solutions that address metabolic and digestive issues and enable you to track progress toward solving those problems.
Formulating for backgrounders and stockers
Good animal health and solid business practices are essential to a profitable beef business. Your partnership with Cargill gives you access to our world-class nutrition science and business management expertise so that you can grow the healthy, nutritious, quality beef that consumers want.
Our feed formulations begin with a deep understanding of the nutritional requirements of beef cattle. Our feeds and supplements are made from high-quality ingredients that are tested for their nutrient values and monitored throughout the manufacturing process. You can leverage the knowledge of our research scientists, technology deployment managers and consultants to get your cattle growing.
Cargill consultants will work with you to devise a custom nutrition and management program for your operation that helps boost the immune system health of newly arrived calves, optimizes forages, identifies and addresses nutrient gaps, maximizes feed efficiency, aligns your program to seasonal conditions, and maximizes average daily gains to efficiently get your cattle at target weight.
Formulating for feedlots
As a feedlot operator, your goal is to produce high-quality beef while maximizing production efficiency. With complex challenges such as the various production systems your cattle come from, the nutrient and care needs of incoming cattle, endpoint decisions of cattle that perform poorly, and changing market conditions, you need a trusted partner who can help you manage your business.
Our feedlot feeds and programs are designed to provide the optimum nutrition that beef cattle need. For more than 70 years, Cargill has focused our research efforts on helping producers raise healthy animals for wholesome products.