Epikuron™, Topcithin™ and Lecigran™ Lecithins
Cargill's pharmaceutical lecithin products are isolated from soy.
Many liquid and topical formulations are emulsions that contain two immiscible phases. Our lecithins are interface active and an effective way to keep oil-in-water as well as water-in-oil emulsions stable, preventing separation of the phases. Suspensions can also be stabilized by lecithins.
- Emulsifying agent
- Suspending agent
- Wetting and dispersing agent
- Anti-crystallization agent
Solid dosage forms
- Wetting and dispersing agent for tablets and powders
- Release agent for capsules
- Fat crystallization delay in suppositories
Liquid dosage forms
- Emulsifying and refattening agent for ointments
- Emulsifying agent in liquid emulsions
- Conventional chewing gum