The Cargill Foundation’s mission is to nourish and educate the next generation for success in school, work and life.
The Cargill Foundation provides support to select nonprofit organizations in our headquarters community of Minneapolis – Saint Paul, MN to minimize the Opportunity Gap for our low income children. We are part of an ecosystem of passionate change-makers, advocates, businesses and more working to make a difference in our community.
We believe all children must have nutritious food to fuel growth and learning.
We believe in equitable access to STEM education as a pathway to prosperous careers.
We believe in preparing and inspiring children for post-secondary education, careers and beyond.
- Be a registered nonprofit and have a current 501(c)(3) public charity status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or be a school or a unit of government.
- Align with Cargill’s principles around inclusion and diversity as embodied in our Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Serve the geographic area in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul Twin Cities region.
- Support programming and/or initiatives specific to Education (STEM and College & Career Readiness) and Childhood Nutrition primarily serving low-income youth in grades K - 12.
Organizations NOT Eligible:
The Foundation will NOT support the following types of projects or programs:
- Organizations without 501c3 status or the equivalent in-country charitable status
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Lobbying/political organizations for political purposes
- Sporting events and athletic programs or groups
- Disease related causes or research
- Individuals or individual needs
- Advertising, Publications, films or television production or programming
- Sponsorship, fundraising, special events
Cargill Global Scholars
The Cargill Global Scholars program provides financial support and leadership development opportunity to undergraduate students from around the world. Visit the Cargill Global Scholars website.
Gifts to individuals
Cargill and The Cargill Foundation do not make gifts or award grants to individuals or the general public. Any information about cash aid, gifts, or grants distributed by Cargill or The Cargill Foundation to the general public is false, regardless of where it appears.