The Cargill Foundation supports organizations that improve access to nutritious food, increase healthy food consumption and behaviors to enable students ages 2-12 learn.
The Foundation is seeking programs that are scalable and replicable that focus on hands-on nutrition curriculum, parent engagement and improved access to low-cost nutritious foods.
Key 2019 dates for Childhood Nutrition grant applications include:
- Mid- April: Applications Sent to Nonprofits (by invitation only)
- May 16: Applications Due
- End of June: Grant Award Notification
Childhood Nutrition Organizations of Interest:
- Community organizations serving low income populations with a high proportion of youth ages 2-12.
- Food and nutrition programs/initiatives seeking to scale or replicate.
- Nonprofits with experience in developing childhood nutrition curriculum.
- Affiliation with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Nonprofits that provide technical assistance, training, and other services to improve access to nutritious food, increase healthy food consumption and behaviors.