The Cargill Foundation supports programs that are rigorous, curriculum-driven and embedded in other areas of learning at the school or district levels in the areas of STEM and College and Career Readiness.
Key 2022 dates for education grant applications in the areas of STEM and College and Career Readiness are:
- August 1: Applications Sent to Nonprofits (by invitation only)
- August 22: Applications Due
- October 1: Grant Award Notification
The Foundation supports STEM programs that: increase equitable access to STEM, teacher effectiveness and STEM proficiency for students in grades K-12.
STEM Organizations of Interest:
- Community organizations serving low – income populations with a high proportion of youth grades K -12.
- Ensure equitable access to STEM.
- Organizations with hands-on interactive programming/curriculum that improve the understanding of STEM topics.
- Provide teachers with professional development or access to STEM resources and knowledge to improve student persistence in STEM.
- Nonprofits that integrate programs that encourage interest in STEM for post-secondary education and potential careers in STEM fields.
College & Career Readiness:
The Foundation supports College & Career Readiness programs that improve academic achievement to prepare students for post-secondary education.
College & Career Readiness Organizations of Interest:
- Community organizations serving low income populations with a high proportion of youth in grades 7 - 12.
- Increase high school graduation and post-secondary enrollment.
- Programs that have an emphasis on goal planning, problem solving, and/or awareness with post-secondary application process for students and parents
- Facilitate collaboration/ alignment between high school and post-secondary curriculum to increase college readiness, academic achievement and/or engagement.