Aquaculture Feed and Nutrition
Why choose Cargill for aquaculture?
- Experience – EWOS has been in the aqua feed market for about 80 years, and Cargill has 120 years of experience in animal nutrition
- Fish health and welfare – we deliver products that support the overall health of fish
- Partnership – we work together with our customers to create mutual success
- Performance – excellent biological and financial performance, documented
- Service – we add value to feed products through extended service and support
Since joining with EWOS in 2015, Cargill has become one of the largest global suppliers of aqua feed, with 38 specialized production facilities and more than 2,000 employees in 20 countries.
Today, we offer the combined expertise and experience built up over many years across the Cargill, Purina and EWOS brands. As a trusted supplier to the international aquaculture industry, we provide you with distinctive, proven products and services designed to promote productivity, manage risks and support your brand, all with the goal of enhancing your business growth.
Our markets and operations
We currently focus on three core species in 12 leading markets:
- Salmon in Norway, Chile, Scotland and North America
- Tilapia in China, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam
- Shrimp in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Ecuador, India and Mexico
Additionally, we have extensive experience in supplying feed for a variety of other aquaculture species, leveraging our core expertise in applied fish nutrition.
Sustainability is a central pillar of our operation, and we take into consideration much more than just our environmental footprint. We define sustainability as safeguarding the needs and aspirations of the present without compromising future generations. Our brands are known for leadership in sustainable practices and reporting. We work closely with our customers to improve their productivity and support the welfare of fish. From raw materials to the plate, we use integrated management systems to help ensure nutritious and safe food.
Innovating for the future
Our vision is to provide healthy seafood for future generations. This entails investing heavily in research and development to understand the varying nutritional requirements of fish species, and then responsibly supplying more and more efficient feeds. More than 100 R&D professionals work diligently to innovate and improve our offerings for customers. Learn more about our aquaculture innovation or read more about Cargill's overall Animal Nutrition innovation approach.