Stevia for Dairy
Formulate for sweet success with Stevia leaf extracts
While dairy is still behind in terms of sugar reduction active versus more traditionally strong sugar-reduced categories such as soft drinks, reduction of sugars continues to make further inroads in dairy products as well. The increased focus is driven by a greater importance attached to health & wellbeing spurred by the pandemic, and sugar taxes and front of pack labelling schemes focusing attention on the nutritional profile and sugar content of products.
Non-surprisingly, stevia is a rising star in the sweetener space, as it’s especially well-perceived among younger shoppers* and it provides dairy manufacturers a label-friendly, zero calorie option.
*Cargill IngredienTracker, Europe
- Zero calorie ingredient
- High-intensity sweetness
- Nature-derived, from the stevia plant
- Favorable consumer perception*
- Sustainable sourcing
- Safe for use by diabetics
* Cargill IngredienTracker, Europe
Our broad portfolio of stevia sweeteners, proven formulation expertise and deep market insights translate into your competitive advantage. A rigorous specification process ensures consistent product quality – regardless of growing season – for your end-products.
|Truvia®||High purity Reb A (from the leaf)||
RA50 (GRAN) / RA80 / RA95 (GRAN)
Products available with varying levels of Reb A for higher purity.
Especially suited for cost-effective, lower SEV reduction in plant-based milk alternatives.
|ViaTech®||Proprietary, synergistic blends of steviol glycosides designed for optimized performance||
TS300 / TS1200GRAN / TS1600
Range of products tailored to the application properties ensuring optimal performance and sweetness profile.
Especially suited for label-friendly sugar & calorie reduction in flavored & chocolate milks, yogurts and dairy desserts.
* Sweetness equivalent
Partner with Cargill for Sweet Success
Partner with Cargill for Sweet Success:
Cargill is a pioneer in the Stevia Industry:
- Cargill scientists have spent over 300,000 hours studying the unique properties of the stevia leaf.
- Our deep knowledge of the stevia plant led to the development of our proprietary taste-prediction model & we continue to build it out today.
- Cargill continues to advance the stevia industry with a full portfolio of products.
Leveraging Cargill’s 50+ years experience in Sweetness
We understand the challenges when formulating out sugar.
Our dairy applications experts can work with you to find the best stevia-based ingredient or blended solution for your product, along with the broad portfolio of Cargill ingredients at our fingertips.
Cargill has the most comprehensive sustainability program in the stevia industry
- All partners must adhere to the Cargill code of conduct as stated in ALL agreements.
Standard developed by Cargill in 2011; Stevia leaf growing cooperatives must incorporate the standard:
- 137 control criteria in 13 categories,
- Focus is on 11 critical and 33 major criteria i.e. chemical handling, banned substances, worker health and safety, no use of forced convict or child labor,
- Intertek, third party auditor, ensures compliance of the ag standard,