Cargill Salt’s Newest Ingredient Innovation – Sea Salt Flour
This specialty, powder-like sea salt was created to help food manufacturers bring their products to the next level through innovative ingredient technology.
Our Purified Sea Salt Flour is a unique type of sodium chloride, sifted to the smallest and finest granulations of sea salt crystals. This ultra-fine cut makes it the only sea salt of its kind. 1
This specialty, powder-like sea salt was created to help food manufacturers bring their products to the next level through innovative ingredient technology. 1
In terms of ingredients functionality, sea salt flour will perform differently compared to standard granulated salts.1
- Adherence - this ultra-fine cut sticks better to food, resulting in less fall-off and less salt waste.
- Solubility - dissolves faster in liquids, which will create a more evenly saturated brine rather than having excess salt settle at the bottom, saving you processing time and resources.
- Blendability - Blends more effectively in foods, creating a more consistent distribution of flavor, color, and minimizing pockets of salty bursts.
- Flavor - Provides a faster salty flavor burst by increasing the rate of dissolution in the mouth, potentially increasing perceptions of saltiness. This can achieve a potential reduction in sodium and also helps to enhance other flavors.
- Texture - Delivers a smooth, even consistency that can have an undetected presence in food. This is especially valuable in food applications where it’s crucial to eliminate grittiness and have a uniform taste throughout.
Not only does Sea Salt Flour deliver a superior performance, but it also as a story. This unique product is harvested authentically with the power sun, wind, and time in our solar salt ponds in the San Francisco Bay. It’s also extremely pure, averaging ~99.9% NaCl.
For more information about Cargill Sea Salts or to inquire about receiving a sample, go to https://www.cargill.com/food-beverage/na/sea-salts.
- Cargill Proprietary Research