Applications and Benefits
Confectionery - Chewing gum
In a solid phase polyol powders are used: C☆Sorbidex® for its cooling effect and humidity control, C☆Mannidex® to improve mechanical strength and Maltidex® to improve taste and extend flexibility and shelf life.
In a liquid phase, polyol syrups are used: C☆Sorbidex® syrup is a cost-effective solution and also improves elasticity. Maltidex® syrup adds viscosity, offers crystallization control and improves flexibility, elasticity and shelf life.
In coatings, C☆Sorbidex® syrup is the most often used as it is a cost-effective solution, IsoMaltidex™ is low in hygroscopicity and increases stability, while Maltidex® increases crunchiness.
For dusting purposes, C☆Mannidex® is commonly used as it reduces stickiness thanks to its low hygroscopicity.
Confectionery - Sugar-free
- IsoMaltidex™ ensures no stickiness of candy thanks to its low hygroscopicity.
- Maltidex® syrup delivers a better flavor release and creates a higher relative sweetness. It allows for better processability thanks to its higher viscosity.
- C☆Sorbidex® syrup is a cost-effective solution for sweetness and bulk.
In cakes & soft cookies, polyols extend shelf life and offer humidity control (C☆Sorbidex®) and ensure sweetness without browning (Maltidex®).
In crispy biscuits & cereal bars, sweetness and crunchiness is best delivered via IsoMaltidex™ powder or Maltidex®.
Ice Cream, Frozen Desserts & Dairy
- Maltidex® is a go to solutions for sugar-free sweetness, suitable for diabetics in dairy & frozen desserts. It enhances fruity flavors and adds body and mouthfeel to dairy products and fruit preparations for dairy.
- C☆Sorbidex™ syrup is a cost-effective solution in frozen desserts.
Cargill offers an extensive range of high-quality polyols for food, pharma and feed applications. Our offer consists of different formats and particle sizes.
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.