Lecithin for Bread & Dough
As consumer preferences have shifted toward simpler labels and more familiar sources, food and beverage manufacturers are facing challenges every day to reformulate for a label-friendlier product.
Baking bread requires only a handful of ingredients, not all of them label-friendly.
The Cargill lecithin range helps bread manufacturers deliver the recognizable ingredient label that consumers want, without compromising on functionality.
- Increasing volume yield
- Keeps baked products fresher for longer
- Great eating experience
- Easy release from baking equipment
Together with lipase, lecithin can replace DATEM in whole meal bread without compromising on bread quality.
Our range of lecithin solutions for bakery products offers fully functional solutions for emulsification, dough handling, volume and freshness improvement in bread.
A broad range of high quality lecithin with a reliable source of supply, offering full flexibility of choice when formulating for a cleaner label, without compromising on functionality.
Our portfolio consists of solutions from different botanical sources, and all have been proven to offer similar to better performance versus other commonly used artificial emulsifiers without compromising on taste, texture and appearance. Using lecithin results in more aerated dough, lower initial hardness of the crumb and reduced staling over time.
|Product||Botanical Source||Key Attributes||Type|
|Leciprime®*||Soy, Sunflower||Non-GMO, Sunflower-based options do not require allergen declaration||Fluid|
|Lecimulthin®**||Soy, Sunflower, Rapeseed||Non-GMO, Sunflower and Rapeseed-based options do not require allergen declaration||De-oiled|
* also available in hydrolyzed form
** also available in hydrolyzed form or on-carrier
Why choose Cargill Lecithin?
Unmatched portfolio breadth of lecithin-based solutions
- Unmatched raw material sourcing capabilities ensuring quality and sustainable supplies across various botanical sources
Unmatched portfolio breadth across core bakery ingredients
- A wide offer covering sweetness solutions, texturizers, oils, cocoa & chocolate, wheat gluten, proteins, etc.
Leveraging Cargill’s Expertise & Global Scale
- World class application and R&D knowledge transforming customer needs in product solutions
- Global presence and awareness of regulatory needs/changes
- Expanding customer relationships and contacts points with identified business cases, and a thorough understanding of various customers’ needs, pains and gains
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.