Lecithin for Sweet Bakery
Today’s consumers feel more and more empowered to decide what is healthy for them, and increasingly rely on ingredient labels to make decisions in which products they do or do not want. This has led to the proliferation of organic, plant-based and other label-friendly claims in bakery products.
In addition, manufacturers are increasing the use of health claims like gluten-free or allergen-free on the front of pack, to make sure their products stand out even more.
Cargill can help sweet bakery manufacturers replace artificial emulsifiers with familiar and well-perceived lecithin ingredients, without compromising on functionality.
Our lecithin products are nature-derived, plant-based, and suitable for organic certification.
- Replaces artificial emulsifiers
- Organic options available
- Helps to reduce fat
- Enables Gluten free solutions
- Improves eating experience
Using lecithin results in the homogenous distribution of the ingredients, even browning of the baking goods, less stickiness during processing and prolonged freshness among other benefits.
We offer a broad range of lecithin solutions that improve the processability and quality of different baked goods including batter-based products, dough-based products, snack bars and coated cereals.
Our lecithin solutions are derived from various botanical sources such as soy, sunflower and rapeseed. With our range of lecithin solutions, we give manufacturers the possibility to choose the type of lecithin and the botanical source that best answers their processing and labelling needs, without compromising functionality and quality.
|Product||Botanical Source||Key Attributes||Type|
|Lecimulthin®*||Soy, Sunflower or Rapeseed||Non-GMO, Sunflower and Rapeseed-based options do not require allergen declaration||De-oiled|
|Leciprime®||Soy, Sunflower||Non-GMO, Sunflower-based options do not require allergen declaration||Fluid|
* also available in hydrolyzed form
Why choose Cargill Lecithin?
Unmatched portfolio breadth of lecithin-based solutions
- Unmatched raw material sourcing capabilities ensuring quality and sustainable supplies across various botanical sources
Unmatched portfolio breadth across core bakery ingredients
- A wide offer covering sweetness solutions, texturizers, oils, cocoa & chocolate, wheat gluten, proteins, etc.
Leveraging Cargill’s Expertise & Global Scale
- World class application and R&D knowledge transforming customer needs in product solutions
- Global presence and awareness of regulatory needs/changes
- Expanding customer relationships and contacts points with identified business cases, and a thorough understanding of various customers’ needs, pains and gains
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.