Cargill provides the sophisticated chemical analysis needed for critical insight into the chemical structure and composition of products you need when developing a new product, improving an existing product or optimizing a process.
Our depth of expertise in analytical chemistry can help you answer a broad range of questions, such as:
- Composition promise and regulatory compliance. Do your products meet their composition promise – and are they in regulatory compliance? Do they meet the health claims associated with certain ingredients?
- Process controls. Are your process controls optimal for delivering your targeted product?
- Safety. How can you ensure that your product is safe? Does it contain substances that could contribute to adulteration or food safety issues?
- Composition and competition. What changes in composition would provide the solution that could jettison your product beyond the competition?
- Food Forensics. Unexpected process or product problem? Need a scientific detective to solve the problem?
Our analytical capabilities include:
Complex lipid, protein and carbohydrate characterizationGas and liquid separations
Vibrational and electronic spectroscopies
Small molecule characterization via mass spectrometry
Optical and electron microscopies
Supercritical and liquid solvent extractions
Chemometrics (advanced mathematical modeling)
Research & Development
We look to our technical teams to help fuel our future growth. Learn from our employees about Research & Development careers at Cargill.