We take a technology-driven, evidence-based approach to achieving a more transparent supply chain.
The multiplicity of issues and factors at play when it comes to achieving a more sustainable cocoa sector means that action in any one area is likely to have an effect on another. This makes it essential to take a comprehensive approach to decision-making, one that considers all relevant information and possible outcomes – intended or not – before launching into any new or adjusted initiatives. This is our Theory of Change and it is how we ensure that each of our actions will have a concrete, positive impact.
Our approach is rooted in the following core principles, which inform every initiative we develop and deploy, whether alone or with partners. These principles also underpin our Theory of Change and facilitate our Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Transparency and Assurance: We build a supportive market ecosystem by promoting supply chain, financial and impact transparency, including third-party assurance through certification programs.
- Evidence-based: We continuously learn and adjust to improve the impact of our work and better equip all of our partners for a more sustainable future.
- Scalable: We design programs that are adaptable across the local contexts of different sourcing regions.
- Technology-driven: We harness the power of technology to rapidly and effectively deploy our programs at scale.
Ultimately, our goal is to improve outcomes for:
- Farmers: We empower farmers through farmer organizations to become entrepreneurs and run their farms as businesses.
- Communities: We equip communities with the tools to own their socio-economic benefits and create better prospects for the future.
- Landscapes: We take concrete action to prevent deforestation while also ensuring that cocoa farmers can still make a living.