Employment Information Notice
PDFs: English (EEA) | English (Canada) | العربية | български | 中文（简体| 中國傳統 | Nederlands | Français (EEA) | Canadienne-Française | Deutsch | Magyar | Bahasa - ภาษาอินโดนีเซีย | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Malaysian - Bahasa | Norsk | Polski | Português (EEA) | Português (Brazil) | Romana | русский | Español (APBU, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica) | Español (Honduras, Guatemala, LA neutral) | Español (Venezuela) | Español (Spain) | Español (EWOS Chile ONLY) | ภาษาไทย | Türkçe | Việt
This Notice explains how Cargill uses Personal Information about you in an employment context. We refer to this as “Employment Information”. You may also have certain legal rights with respect to Employment Information. This Notice also summarises what these are.
For further details, please read Cargill’s Data Privacy for Employment Information Policy.
1. What employment information does Cargill collect?
Cargill collects various types of Employment Information about you in connection with your work at Cargill. This includes the following categories:
- Contact details, such as address, telephone number and email address, etc.;
- Financial information, such as salary, bank account details, corporate credit card usage, employment benefits, etc;
- Recruitment information, such as CVs, application forms, etc;
- Career information, such as appraisals or performance reviews, disciplinary records, details of skills and experience, absence records, etc;
- Information about your use of Cargill assets, such as computers and phone, etc (where relevant and permitted to be collected by local law);
- CCTV images and visit information for visitors to Cargill sites.
2. What will Cargill do with your employment information?
Generally, Cargill only uses Employment Information for employment-related purposes, including:
- Workforce Planning and Recruitment, such as job advertising, interviewing, selecting and hiring new staff;
- Management and Administration, such as employee career development, compensation and benefits and performance management;
- Performance of Cargill’s Business Operations, such as carrying out Cargill’s day to day business activities;
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance, such as compliance with health & safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations, participating in due diligence activities for the sale or purchase of a business, or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit;
- Security Management, such as activities related to ensuring the security of Cargill premises, assets, information, and Individuals.
Cargill is processing Employment Information because it is necessary for us to do so in connection with your employment contract. In addition, certain processing may be based on your consent or because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to enable us to pursue our legitimate business interests as a leading provider of food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services.
3. Cargill Data Privacy Principles
Cargill observes the following principles in relation to Employment Information:
- We process it fairly and lawfully;
- We process it for a specific legitimate business purpose and do not process in a manner incompatible with that purpose;
- We use Employment Information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which it is processed;
- We keep it accurate and, as necessary, up to date;
- We keep it in a form which permits identification for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected;
- We protect it against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, using appropriate technical and organisational measures;
- We process it in accordance with an Individual’s rights.
4. Who is your employment information disclosed to?
(a) Within Cargill
Cargill restricts access to Employment Information to people within the company who have a “need to know” that information. As a global company doing business across national borders, there are many situations where this “need to know” requires your information to be transferred to Cargill in another country, including countries that may provide no or less legal protection for Personal Information. However, the purpose of the Cargill Data Privacy for Employment Information Policy is to protect your Employment Information in every country where Cargill does business.
(b) Outside Cargill
Cargill shares Employment Information with authorised Third Party Service Providers, such as compensation and benefits providers that have a “need to know” that information. Where it does so, Cargill imposes appropriate contractual obligations regarding Employment Information on such Third Party Providers.
Beyond our Third Party Service Providers, generally, Cargill will only disclose your Employment Information outside Cargill and its Service Providers:
- when required to do so by law;
- in response to a legitimate request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency;
- to seek legal advice from Cargill’s external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party;
- in connection with the sale, purchase or merger of a business; or
- to provide a third party (such as a potential supplier or customer) with a means of contacting you in the normal course of business, for example, by providing your contact details, such as your business phone number and email address.
5. Exercising Your Rights
If you would like a copy of any of your Employment Information, or if you would like to update or correct it, please contact the Global Privacy Office at [email protected].
If you have a concern about how Cargill has used your Employment Information, as a first step, you should raise the concern in writing with your manager. If this is not appropriate for any reason, you should raise the concern in writing with your Local Privacy Champion or the Global Privacy Office, whichever is most appropriate.
If your concern has not resolved been within a reasonable period of time, it may be escalated to the Global Privacy Office at [email protected].
After investigating an escalated concern, the Global Privacy Office will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out its conclusions together with details of any remedial action that it proposes to take.
6. Retaining Your Employment Information
We keep your Employment Information in accordance with Cargill’s Record Retention Schedules which are available at RetentionSchedule.
Global Privacy Office
Technology Governance, Risk and Controls
9320 Excelsior Blvd
Hopkins MN 55343