Charitable Giving Guidelines
Food Security and Nutrition: We support partners working to address hunger, improve nutrition and increase agricultural productivity.
Education: We support programs and projects that improve access to primary and secondary education for children; build skills in science, technology and engineering; and partnerships with higher education institutions in the areas of agriculture, food security and food safety.
Environmental stewardship: We partner with organizations that demonstrate global leadership in protecting our natural resources and promote sustainable agricultural practices in our communities and supply chains.
- Cargill provides contributions only to registered nonprofit, nongovernmental, civic or education organizations that comply with local tax laws
- We support organizations that demonstrate leadership, evidence of impact, financial soundness and the capacity to implement initiatives and evaluate their success
- The organization, program or project must: Align with Cargill’s corporate responsibility and business priorities
- Align with Cargill’s principles around inclusion and diversity as embodied in our Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct
- Serve communities in which Cargill has a business presence
- Engage Cargill employees and leverage their expertise
- Address long-term solutions to issues
- Have clear objectives, indicators of success, and a plan to measure and report on the outcomes
- Provide opportunities to collaborate with others (e.g., other government, civil society or industry partners working on similar issues)
We do not typically support
- Organizations without 501c3 status or the equivalent in-country charitable status
- Capital campaigns/capital expenditures and endowment campaigns
- General and/or ongoing operational support
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Lobbying/political organizations for political purposes
- Sports events and athletic groups
- Disease related causes or research
- Individuals or individual needs
- Advertising, Publications, films or television production or programming
- Sporting events or athletic programs
- Sponsorship, fundraising, special events
Cargill is updating the application and application process. Please check back for updated information.