- Reimagine What's Possible
- Corporate Giving
- Cargill Volunteers
- Partnership Examples
- We are no longer subsistence producers
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Research & Development
Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary
Rishi Varma serves as Cargill’s Corporate Senior Vice President, Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary. He oversees corporate governance, global ethics & compliance, global security, government relations, law and shareholder relations. Additionally, Rishi is a member of Cargill’s Executive Team. Rishi is known for being a respected advisor who leads with passion and purpose.
Prior to joining Cargill in January 2024, Rishi served as General Counsel at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). Before joining HPE, Rishi served as general counsel for two different publicly traded companies from 2005 to 2013 – TPC Group, Inc., a petrochemical company, and Trico Marine Services, Inc., a global subsea service provider. Prior to these companies, Rishi served as securities counsel and director of investor relations for EGL, Inc., a publicly traded global freight forwarder, and as a business associate in the New York office of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, LP.
In addition, Rishi is committed to advancing the way people live and work by serving on several non-profit boards. Rishi serves on the Board of the Tahirih Justice Center, where he has worked on various matters including visa and asylum cases. He also serves on the board of the Texas Asia Society, the leading educational organization promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among the peoples, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the West, as well as the Memorial Hermann Hospital System Board, the Equal Justice Works Board of Counselors, and the Georgetown University Law Center Advisory Board.
He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the Georgetown University Law Center and graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science. Rishi and his wife, Michelle, have three children.