- Thrive Stories
- Corporate Giving
- Cargill Volunteers
- Partnership Examples
- We are no longer subsistence producers
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
- Research & Development
- Workplace Safety
Chief Operating Officer
Brian Sikes is Cargill’s Chief Operating Officer. Brian is focused on a global challenge: feeding an additional two billion people by 2050. To advance this aim, he drives strategic disruption and delivers products for today’s customers and the next generation of global consumers.
Brian began his career with Cargill in 1991 and joined the executive team in 2019. Most recently, he led Cargill’s global Protein and Salt businesses across 17 countries. Previously, Brian also led the transformation of the North American protein business, which delivered strong financial and expanded offerings in line with shifting demand for value-added protein, sustainable supply chains, and alternative proteins.
Brian has proven experience leading operations, commercial teams and talent management. He has worked across Cargill’s protein business, serving as the president of Cargill’s foodservice team and overseeing Cargill’s protein business in North America and Europe. He also led global talent management for the company. He applied three decades of experience managing complex supply chains. Brian is known in the industry for developing a deep bench depth of leaders and mentoring people with unconventional career paths.
In addition to his leadership at Cargill, Brian serves on the Board of Directors for the U.S.-China Business Council and is a member of the World 50. He holds a bachelor’s degree in agriculture economics from Texas Tech University. Brian and his wife live in Minneapolis, MN. They have four children and two grandchildren.