- Psychological Well-Being
- Bright Horizons
- Work/Life Solutions
- Health Advocacy
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k and ESOP
- Employee Retirement Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy Reimbursement
- Short-term Disability (Salary Continuation)
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Milk Stork
- Personal Travel Assistance
Cargill 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Cargill’s 401(k) plan is a portable retirement account administered by Vanguard. You can take your vested balance with you when you leave Cargill. Here’s how it works:
- You are eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan immediately following your hire date.
- If you don’t make an election in the Plan you will be automatically enrolled at a 3% contribution rate soon after you join Cargill.
Your Contributions to the Plan:
- You can contribute up to 50% of your pay on a pre-tax basis, after-tax (Roth) basis or a combination of both
- The account then grows tax-free.
- You are immediately eligible to receive 401(k) matching contributions.
- Cargill matches 100% on the first 3% you contribute, then 50% on the next 2% of pay you contribute to the Plan.
- Matching contributions are made quarterly in the form of Cargill stock.
- The matching contributions will be vested after you completed two years of service with Cargill.
Access to Candidly
Cargill has teamed up with Vanguard to provide employees who contribute to Cargill’s 401(k) Plan access to Candidly. Candidly provides resources to help take control of student loan debt.
What you need to do
A 401(k) enrollment kit will be mailed to your home by Vanguard within three weeks of your hire date. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Enroll. You can enroll in 401(k) or the Roth feature at any time during the year by accessing vanguard.com or by calling 1-800-523-1188. To set up your account on vanguard.com, you’ll need your plan number (091080), name, Social Security number and date of birth.
- Decide how much to contribute. You can contribute between 1 and 50% of your pay.
- Select your asset allocations. You can choose to invest your contributions in the plan among a range of investment options.
Disclaimer: If there are any differences/discrepancies between the information on this website (www.cargill.com/myhealth and all related pages) and the information in the plan documents and/or summary plan descriptions (SPDs), the information in the plan documents/SPDs will overrule. Employees will receive information on how to access SPDs based on their benefits eligibility.