- Psychological Well-Being
- Bright Horizons
- Work/Life Solutions
- Health Advocacy
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k and ESOP
- Employee Retirement Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Short-term Disability (Salary Continuation)
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Milk Stork
- Personal Travel Assistance
Cargill 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Cargill’s 401(k) plan is a portable retirement account administered by Vanguard. You can take your vested balance with you when you leave Cargill. Here’s how it works:
- You are eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan immediately following your hire date.
- If you don’t make an election in the Plan you will be automatically enrolled at a 3% contribution rate soon after you join Cargill.
Your Contributions to the Plan:
- You can contribute up to 50% of your pay on a pre-tax basis, after-tax (Roth) basis or a combination of both
- The account then grows tax-free.
- You are immediately eligible to receive 401(k) matching contributions.
- Cargill matches 100% on the first 3% you contribute, then 50% on the next 2% of pay you contribute to the Plan.
- Matching contributions are made quarterly in the form of Cargill stock.
- The matching contributions will be vested after you completed two years of service with Cargill.
What you need to do
A 401(k) enrollment kit will be mailed to your home by Vanguard within three weeks of your hire date. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Enroll. You can enroll in 401(k) or the Roth feature at any time during the year by accessing vanguard.com or by calling 1-800-523-1188. To set up your account on vanguard.com, you’ll need your plan number (091080), name, Social Security number and date of birth.
- Decide how much to contribute. You can contribute between 1 and 50% of your pay.
- Select your asset allocations. You can choose to invest your contributions in the plan among a range of investment options.
Disclaimer: If there are any differences/discrepancies between the information on this website (www.cargill.com/myhealth and all related pages) and the information in the plan documents and/or summary plan descriptions (SPDs), the information in the plan documents/SPDs will overrule. Employees will receive information on how to access SPDs based on their benefits eligibility.