- Learning the Field: How Digital Agricultural Tools Are Improving Farmer Welfare in Turkey
- The Nourishing the Future Program Builds Resilience Among Tilapia and Pig Producers in Honduras
- Nourishing the Future by Building Resilient Agricultural Communities in Central America
- Helping the Houston community gain access to a balanced diet
- Cargill’s Fast Response to Small African Food Processors During COVID Helped Them
- Hatching new plans: How a survivor of gender-based violence launched a thriving poultry business
- Fueling the Minds of India’s Next Generation: The Importance of the Midday Meal
World Resources Institute
Cargill and World Resources Institute (WRI) have partnered to better manage deforestation and water risk, working across value chains. This partnership brings WRI’s cutting-edge tools to the agriculture sector on a global scale. By working together, Cargill will leverage WRI’s world class maps, analytical tools and expertise, while WRI will benefit from Cargill’s global insights from working in food and agriculture in 70 countries around the world.
Initial efforts to protect forests focus on two commodity supply chains: soy in Paraguay and palm oil in Indonesia. Global Forest Watch will be a critical resource for prioritizing action areas and improving transparency. Global Forest Watch combines satellite technology, supply chain information, and new analytical methods to measure forest change.
In addition to forest protection, WRI and Cargill will work together to identify and reduce water risk. This work will support updates to the Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas, which uses a robust, peer reviewed methodology offering the best-available data to create high-resolution, customizable global maps of water risk. Companies around the world face operational and supply chain risks such as droughts, floods and water supply variability, which can affect their bottom lines. Working with Cargill will allow WRI to enhance the data and indicators provided in Aqueduct, and improve current measures of water-related business risk.