Cargill recognizes the complex social, economic and environmental issues facing our world. Due to the complexity of these issues, we form partnerships with organizations to provide meaningful impact in the nutrition and health of those in our communities; foster sustainable economic development; and promote responsible business practices in our supply chains.
We contribute our knowledge, skills, financial and technical support to our partnerships and believe our contributions can help deliver long-term solutions to our local communities as well as globally.
Our partnerships are focused primarily within three areas:
- Nutrition and health. We support long-term solutions to hunger, increasing access to health education and basic health care in developing and emerging countries, and improving youth nutrition and wellness.
- Education. We support programs and projects that improve access to primary and secondary education for underprivileged children in Cargill communities: training and schooling to improve skills in science, technology and engineering; and partnerships with higher education institutions that provide access to the best people and ideas relevant to the worlds we serve: agriculture, food and risk management.
- Environmental stewardship. We will support projects that protect and improve accessibility to water resources, provide environmental conservation and preservation education, and promote sustainable agricultural practices..
How we select our partners:
We seek partnerships with established, credible global, national and local organizations that are in the communities we have a business presence in. Our partners:
- Align with our purpose of nourishing people
- Serve within our focus areas
- Have a presence in or make an impact to the communities we do business in
We typically identify partner organizations that:
- Our involvement can make a distinct contribution and help to create solutions
- Align with our business interests
- Solve real and underlying problems
- Engage our employees and leverage their expertise
- Provide collaboration opportunities with others including customers and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)