Maltitol polyol sweeteners provide the bulk, texture and preservative benefits of sucrose in sugar-free and calorie-reduced products. Maltitol is a suitable sugar substitute for dental health, weight management and sugar avoiders.
Maltitol syrup is a sweetener derived from corn with all the taste and sweetness of sugar but with fewer calories gram for gram.
Maltitol consumer benefits
- Maltitol contains fewer calories than sugar
- Dental benefit
- Masks bitter notes from intense sweeteners and vitamins
- Derived from corn
- Mouthfeel similar to sugar allowing for direct substitution
- Reduced glycemic index compared to sugar
- Bakery: Bars
- Convenience Foods: Jams and jellies
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.