Priolube™ EF is a range of high-performance, low viscosity ester base oils exhibiting excellent thermal and dielectric properties. Priolube™ EF fluids are suitable for formulating low traction, high-efficiency fluids for EV transmissions as well immersion cooling fluids for battery cooling systems.
With innovative, patented chemistries, Priolube™ EF was established to meet the changing landscape of mobility, moving from internal combustion engines (ICEs) to hybrid and battery electric vehicles (EVs), recognizing the need for dedicated ingredients in meeting the changing needs of the market.
Dedicated ester base oils are needed to overcome the following challenges in e-mobility:
- Introduction of high voltage electricity into powertrains means fluids must not conduct electricity, especially when used in direct contact with electronics
- New materials mean fluids must be compatible with a wider range of polymers and metals
- The challenge of range means transmission fluids must improve efficiency, with lower traction, friction and lower viscosity all needed to optimize range
- Higher charging speeds and smaller components increases heat loads and requires innovative cooling strategies
- Our synthetic ester technology offers an alternative to perfluorinated materials that are coming under increased scrutiny
Priolube™ EF fluids are dielectric base oils, and do not conduct electricity. They can be formulated with Group III, Group IV and Group V based oils to tune material compatibility and performance.
Discover Priolube™ EF
Priolube™ EF 3221
Priolube™ EF 3221 ester has excellent thermal properties to optimize cooling performance in systems where direct cooling of electrical components is required. It is suitable for blending into PAO and mineral oil formulations, helping the formulator achieve superior stability, safety, and performance.