- Cargill Expands Bio-Based Presence Around the Globe
- Connect with us at the Greener Manufacturing Show
- Product Finder
Industrial Soy Flours
Regional Availability: North America
Emission of volatile organic compounds and hazardous air pollutants can contribute to a variety of unhealthful conditions. Soy flour adhesives, like Cargill’s Prolia™ soy flour – a co-product that remains after oil is extracted from soybeans – are a natural replacement for formaldehyde and phenol-based resins that have been targeted for removal from wood materials. Research finds that soy flour requires less drying time, uses less water and produces less waste than conventional plywood glues.
Soy flours can be used for
- Replacing formaldehyde resins in plywood, paneling and particleboard
- Replacing animal blood-derived proteins
Soy flours offer
- Excellent water resistance
- Wide range of binding strengths
- Faster production at lower cost
The products and services described on this website may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all persons.